Saturday, April 17, 2010

2010 NHL Draft

As a Ranger fan I have been able to watch my team make the playoffs the last four years. This year is different as Brian Boucher stopped Olli Jokinen to solidify the Rangers ninth place position in the Eastern Conference. Now usually I glance at mock drafts very casually but now that the season is done on Broadway I have studied Mock drafts, and watched YouTube clips of tommorows potential stars. I'll make this short and sweet, here are my top 3 projected picks in this years draft.

1st Overall- Edmonton Oilers- Taylor Hall

I think Hall, who has been battling Tyler Seguin all year for the No. 1 spot will get what we have had projected for him all along. It's no secret that Edmonton needs a center and he will be the futue of the franchise

2nd Overall- Boston Bruins- Tyler Seguin

When Boston goes up to the podium to thank LA for hosting the draft, a special thank you should be given to Brian Burke and the Toronto Maple Leafs for not only giving up a high 1st rounder not only in this years draft but potentially next years. With no need to worry about contention or rebuilding they will also be very willing to let Seguin develop at his own pace.

3rd Overall- Florida Panthers- Cam Fowler

Perhaps the best defensive prospect in this years draft, Florida will be looking to replace the talent when they traded Jay Bouwmeester to Calgary last summer. In a marekt where people dont even know a hockey team exists Fowler will have no pressure to have to be the second coming of Bobby Orr.

No comments:

Post a Comment